L. James Krell
L. James Krell graduated from the University of Houston Clear Lake with Honors (Cum Laude) in 2006. Mr. Krell then attended South Texas College of Law. While at South Texas, Mr. Krell was a member of the South Texas Law Review, frequented the Dean’s List and was inducted into the Order of the Lytae. Mr. Krell received his J.D. Cum Laude from South Texas College of Law in 2009. After passing the bar in 2010, Mr. Krell joined Tritico Rainey as an attorney after previously clerking at the firm.
In less than a decade of practicing law, Mr. Krell has recovered millions of dollars for his clients in various personal injury and civil litigation matters. While Mr. Krell focuses his practice primarily in Harris County as well as Galveston County, where he grew up, Mr. Krell has handled matters across the entire State of Texas. Due to Mr. Krell’s hard work and dedication to his clients, he has been recognized as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association as well as a Top Lawyer in the practice area of Civil Litigation by the Houstonia Magazine.
Mr. Krell counsels and advises governmental entities, such as the Brazoria County Conservation and Reclamation District #3, as well as serving as general counsel for several Houston based businesses. His representation extends to all aspects of the entities daily operations including, but not limited to, all contractual and real estate agreements, advising the entity on employment matters, and any litigation matters that arise.
Mr. Krell also practices extensively in criminal defense. He has handled cases ranging from simple assault to serious felonies which carried a maximum punishment of life in prison. Whether practicing civil litigation or criminal defense, Mr. Krell’s main focus is achieving the best results for his clients and it shows as Mr. Krell has been named a Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Deans List, Fall 2007
- Honors: Deans List, Fall 2009
- Honors: Top Ten Percent of Graduating Class
- Honors: Order of the Lytae, Spring 2008
- University of Houston Clear Lake, Houston, Texas
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Honors: Alpha Chi Omega Honor Society
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Humanities
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer 2014-present
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer Houston for Civil Litigation 2018
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2018