TriticoRaineyPllclawyers

Se Habla Español

Call Our Office Today
713-581-8203
committed to justice and a fair trial for all

Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Bush's Chicken chain

Going out to eat isn't something that you think will ultimately lead to your demise. When you choose to order chicken from a restaurant, you have the reasonable expectation that the chicken has been handled and cooked properly. Sadly, for one Texas man, the decision to eat at Bush's Chicken in Killeen cost him his life.

According to the man's wife, she and her husband went to eat at the establishment on Nov. 27, 2012. She says her husband ate some chicken on the way home and then more that night. She said early the following morning, he started to have diarrhea and vomited. She called an ambulance to transport her husband to the hospital.

At the hospital, the man was diagnosed with Campylobacter bacteria. The infection caused the man to have a heart attack during his hospital stay. He was resuscitated and ultimately released nine days later.

Over the next two weeks, the man returned to the hospital twice. He received the same treatment for the same diagnosis each time. On Dec. 21, 2012, he collapsed at home from the infection. He was pronounced dead when he arrived at the hospital.

It is speculated that the man got the infection from cross contamination or undercooked chicken. The woman has filed a wrongful death against the chicken chain.

Getting sick from eating out isn't pleasant. Dying from eating out is simply tragic. If you have gotten sick or lost a loved one from contaminated foods, you might have the right to seek compensation for wrongful death, just as the wife of this victim did.

Source: KXXV, "Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Bush's Chicken" Bruce Gietzen, Jan. 11, 2014

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information